A Real Estate Manager’s primary responsibilities fall into five areas:
1. Management of the physical property – maintenance, inspections, operations, capital improvements, sustainability.
2. Human resource management – managing and leading the people who maintain and support the property’s operations.
3. Financial management – budgeting, accounting, financial and investment analysis, leverage, financing.
4. Marketing and leasing – marketing plans and strategy, advertising and preparing the space for rent, showing the property, negotiating leases, establishing rents.
5. Legal and risk management – insurance, emergency planning, government regulations, contracts, leases.